Who are we
- “us" means Vodacom;
- "third party" means someone other than you or us; and "Vodafone Group" means Vodafone Group Plc and any company or other organisation in which Vodafone Group Plc owns more than 15% of the share capital.
All of your personal data you provide as part of this product is processed by Vodacom Mozambique, SA as data controller.
Edifício Vodacom na Rua dos Desportistas, nº. 649, em Maputo, Moçambique. We are registered in the Republic of Mozambique under the number 14497.
The data we collect
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Contact details:
- Technical information: time and date of access.
- Your School's Information
- Your Class Information
The source of collected data
Data provided by you
What we do with your data
We process your personal data to provide you with the service. The data will allow you to access our service and allow us to know the class you are studying at school and thus know which subjects to offer the student for revision.
Vodacom will process your personal information based on:
Through the Consent you have provided and the legitimate interest we have in maintaining the contractual relationship for the management, administration, provision, extension and improvement of the service you have chosen to subscribe to and use.
How we share your personal information
We do not share personal information with third parties.
For how long we store your data
We will store your data for 24 months.
Keeping Your Information Secure
The information is stored on Vodacom servers and is kept secure through the security policies implemented within the Vodacom network. We also ensure that we use SSL and https to increase application security.
you have several rights that you can exercise over your personal data. To discuss them in more detail or exercise them, please contact us using the details provided in the " About Us" section at the top of this Statement or visit our portal explain84.vm.co.mz :
- Access: You can request a copy of your information and details of how we process it.
- Rectification: If you believe that the data we keep about you is inaccurate, you can ask us to update it.
- Restriction: If you wish us to stop processing your data, you can request that we do so.
- Portability: You can request a copy of your information to take to another company.
- Objection: You may object to the processing of your information if we are processing it based on our legitimate interests or go to *111# or call 84111 to object to direct marketing.
How to submit a complaint
You can submit a complaint through our Customer Service Center 84111 or by dialing *111#.
Our Cookies Policy Standards with EU laws, including GDPR.